Bookbug Week is 10
We hope you’ve all had a chance to watch the very special message the First Minister recorded for us (earlier this year before Covid-19). We are celebrating 10 years of the programme on our website too so please have a look – highlights include an article from our own Head of Early Years, Catriona Wallace, reflecting on 10 years of Bookbug, a film of Debi Gliori talking about how she created Bookbug, as well as a catalogue of all the books that have been in the Bookbug Bags over the last decade – see how many of them you’ve read!
We’d just like to say a huge thank you to you all for everything you have done to make Bookbug the success it is, and for all the joy and support you have brought to families over the last 10 years.
Bookbug Week 18-24 May
We hope you will join us in celebrating Bookbug Week all next week online and on our social media. Here’s an overview of our main content again. Please do share this with your families and take part yourselves! We’d also love to hear about anything you are doing to celebrate in your own areas, so please tag or share with us on social media.
- Monday 18 – Saturday 23 Join us for a very special drawalong with Bookbug’s creator Debi Gliori from Monday to Saturday and learn how to draw Bookbug and some very special friends. We will also have a very special film with Debi Gliori as she explains how she created Bookbug!
- Monday 18 We’ll have a special celebratory Bookbug Session for families to try at home themselves featuring classic songs and rhymes that have become firm family favourites!
- Wednesday 20 Sprog Rock’s exclusive new song for the Bookbug app to celebrate Bookbug’s Birthday launches! Please encourage families to download the app for free and get access to songs and rhymes to enjoy at home, and we’d love to know what you think of the new track!
- Friday 22 – 10am Join our live Bookbug Session on Bookbug’s facebook page. We’d love to see you all there to join in with singing for Bookbug’s birthday.
- All week long our home activities hub will be packed with even more themed ideas to try at home, from making a party hat to colouring in Bookbug.
· All week long we’ll also have a special competition on our website, and will be asking on social media for your memories of your Bookbug Bags and Bookbug Sessions with your wee ones. We’d also love to see any cards your little ones make for Bookbug – take a photo and share it with us!