The children have enjoyed going for regular walks and exploring our local park and library. They have been learning how to
- confidently cope with everyday / new situations
- understand the expectations of behaviour and following rules (holding hands, getting ready to go out and staying close to nursery ladies when out and about)
- demonstrate different ways of being active through energetic play at the park (climbing, jumping, pushing, running)
- be aware of road safety – stopping, looking and listening at roads and crossing safely
- share and look after books when visiting the library.
The children gain so much from going out into our local community. We would like to be able to offer this experience to all the children in the nursery but we need EE2 (Excursion permission form) filled in by parents/carers before we can do this. These are required for all new children and returning children. We have been handing these out to families of returning children and they would have been in a welcome pack for new children. If you have not filled an EE2 form in please ask a member of staff for the form, so we can include your child in this experience. Many thanks for your support.